'Bad Boys 3': First draft of script may have been approved already

By @sachintrivedig on
Bad Boys
A still from "Bad Boys" movie. Bad Boys/ Facebook

The first draft of “Bad Boys 3” script may have been given the green light by the producers already, taking the film one step closer to the actually filming. The new script has been written by Chris Bremner, while previously an attempt was made by writers David Guggenheim and Joe Carnahan.

According to a report by Variety, the producers have approved the new script. Columbia Pictures president Sanford Panitch had previously said that if they were to make another “Bad Boys” movie it would be “next-level great.” The new script appears to have met those expectations.

Bremner has apparently got the formula right with the right amount of action and humour in his script. Details about the plot and the fact that a film from the old franchise is being made is currently being kept under wraps.

With the script ready, the filming is expected to begin by early 2019. The film will be directed by Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, who have together before on movies like “Black,” “Gangsta,” “Image,” and “Broeders.”

The next step for the producers is to get the casting right. Will Smith is reportedly ready to reprise his role as Detective Mike Lowrey, but his co-star from the previous movies Martin Lawrence (Detective Marcus Burnett) is yet to sign on to the project. Lawrence, however, is said to be interested, so it may be only a matter to time before he confirms his return.

The revival of the “Bad Boys” is seen as one of many franchises that Sony Pictures is looking to bring back. The studio has to compete with Disney, which has a large selection to offer viewers from Marvel, Pixar, and LucasFilm.

The title of the upcoming film will be “Bad Boys for Life.” It is set to be released on Jan 17, 2020 in the US. 

Join the Discussion