Samsung Electronics Logo
The logo of Samsung Electronics is seen at the company headquarters in Seoul March 13, 2009. Reuters/Lee Jae-Won

Samsung Galaxy S6 is the next flagship from the South Korean tech giant to release this year. The User Agent Profile that has surfaced quite recently suggests that the flagship will arrive with Quad HD display and 64-bit processor.

According to PhoneArena, the User Agent Profile has surfaced from a Galaxy S6 handset with model number SM-G920A. It is speculated that this model is aimed towards AT&T customers. It also reveals that there is no mentioning of software navigation keys on the profile. This is an indication that the Samsung Galaxy S5 successor may feature hardware buttons.

Since the Snapdragon 810 chipset is plagued with overheating issues and because of this reason Samsung will make use of its very own Exynos chipset instead of the Qualcomm product. The initial 90 percent of Galaxy S6 units will come equipped with the Exynos chip whereas the Snapdragon 810 chip will be available on the remaining 10 percent units. Once the overheating issue of Snapdragon 810 is resolved, Samsung will produce more Galaxy S6 handsets with the Qualcomm manufactured chip inside them.

The Exynos 7420 chipset that will power up the starting 90 percent of the Galaxy S6 units contains a 64-bit processor. The chipset will be accompanied by 3 GB of RAM and the device would arrive pre-installed with Android 5.0 Lollipop.

The Galaxy S6 is also rumoured to house a 5.5-inch display and the User Agent Profile reveals that it will support Quad HD resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 pixels with a pixel density of 534 ppi. The rear camera will feature the same shooter that is available on the Galaxy Note 4. It is of 16 MP whereas the front-facing camera is of 5 MP.

The Samsung Galaxy S6 release date still remains under the wraps. Even though plenty of information are swirling up regarding the Galaxy S6, the South Korean tech giant has not released any official information on the specifications and features of the Galaxy S6. The flagship is expected to get revealed during the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2015 expo.

There is a speculation that the Galaxy S6 will be available in two design variants, one will be made up of full metal body and the other one would feature curved display. During the MWC 2015 event, Samsung is also expected to reveal round dial smartwatch.

To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, email