Students Walk Out Of Samsung Electronics' Headquarters In Seoul
Students walk out of Samsung Electronics' headquarters in Seoul July 7, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Tuesday said operating profit likely fell 24.5 percent in April-June, its lowest in two years due to slowing growth in the company's cash cow smartphone business and the strength of the South Korean won. REUTERS

A report from December 2014 pointed out that, a possible delay in Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 production was rumoured to derail the release dates of the Samsung Galaxy S6 and the LG G4. The reason quoted for the delay back then was the overheating issue pertaining to the aforesaid chipset. However, now, a new report states that the South Korean conglomerate might not use Qualcomm's chip on the upcoming Galaxy S6.

Based on the report, in place of the Snapdragon 810 chip, Samsung is gearing up to use its own Exynos chipset, which is produced using the 14 nm process. Apparently, some unnamed sources claim that, about 80 percent to 90 percent of the Samsung Galaxy S6 models will reportedly be powered by the Exynos chip. Meanwhile, the other 10 percent will apparently use the Snapdragon 810 chip. Nonetheless, when the overheating problem gets fixed, Samsung will increase the percentage of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 powered S6 units, notes Phone Arena.

Speaking of Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, the device is expected to be launched at the MWC event scheduled for March. As many readers might already know, two variants of the S6 are being expected: one with a unibody metal design and the other could feature a curved screen like the Galaxy Note Edge. When it comes to key Galaxy S6 specifications, the device will reportedly feature a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display and 1,440 × 2,560 pixels resolution. As mentioned earlier, the phone could be powered by either an octa-core Exynos 7420 chip or a Snapdragon 810 chip and will be backed by 3 GB of RAM configuration. As far as the memory goes, the S6 is expected to come equipped with 32 GB of internal storage. Plus, the upcoming device could also support LTE Category 9/10 connectivity, according to GSM Arena.

Moving on to the camera specification, the Samsung Galaxy S6 will reportedly house a 20 MP rear-facing unit, along with a 5 MP front-facing snapper. However, SamMobile reports that, there are multiple prototypes of the S6 visiting the AnTuTu benchmark site time to time. While one of the devices showcased a 16 MP sensor, the other apparently showed a 20 MP unit.

Also Read

1. Killer 'Xiaomi Mi Note Pro' Phablet With 4GB RAM, 5.7-Inch Display, Dual-SIM And Snapdragon 810 Comes For Just $532 - [Read]

2. Microsoft Lumia 532 vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Entry-Level Handsets' Specifications And Price Showdown - [Read]

3. New Samsung Z1 Powered By Tizen OS Unveiled With A Dirt-Cheap Price Tag Of $92 - [Read]