Khloe Kardashian
Television personality Khloe Kardashian says that here brother, Rob Kardashian, is taking his diabetes seriously. Here, she arrives at The Hollywood Reporter's 23rd annual Women in Entertainment breakfast, in Los Angeles, California December 10, 2014. Reuters/Jonathan Alcorn

A year has passed since Khloe Kardashian filed for divorce from Lamar Odom. At the rate things are going, it seems like the process may take an awful lot longer. A new report claims Lamar cannot be located, and soon Khloe may opt filing for a default judgment if she is still unable to get in touch with her estranged husband.

TMZ Sports reports that sources close to the situation say that Khloe cannot seem to get hold of the former National Basketball Association, or NBA, player to finalise the divorce case. The report further states that Khloe has been trying to get in touch with Lamar, but he is just nowhere to be found. In addition, the 35-year-old former NBA's Sixth Man of the Year has not been responding to the calls that Khloe and her lawyer have made.

Khloe has every intention to end their marriage for good, TMZ Sports further reports. Khloe will reportedly not deal with his uncooperative estranged husband anymore, and instead she will file a default judgment on the divorce case if Lamar is still not willing to meet up to settle the divorce.

In a news article by Radar Online, it has been said that Khloe and Lamar's divorce case may be dismissed in less than two months if Lamar still doesn't respond to Khloe's petition for separation. Khloe has been seeking advice from her divorce lawyer Laura Wasser, who told her to formally file a default judgment on the divorce case so that she can officially be single again.

Filing a default judgment is the last step in finalising an uncontested divorce. According to the official site of the Courts of California, Khloe just needs to follow a series of steps to file default judgment if Lamar still neither responds to the paperwork nor submits his written agreement on the case. Khloe needs to submit a request for the default judgment, and she should also file the necessary documents if she is seeking child or spousal support or division of marital property or debt. The judge will then sign on the default judgment after the documents have been reviewed and processed.

To reach the author of this article, email