‘Spider-Man' Reboot Film Details: Peter Parker's Story To Be Told In Four Movie Series

By @mystidrift on

The ‘Spider-Man’ reboot is going to be made into four movies. According to a recent report, these four-part series will all explore the life of the high school Peter Parker as the web slinger.

Deadline on its exclusive report about the “Spider-Man” reboot claimed Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal “are planning an arc that will tell the Spidey story over three to four movies.”  Writer Mike Fleming Jr. said each of these movies will explore a year into Peter Parker’s life. However, these series of films will not be an origin story, unlike the previous “The Amazing Spider-Man” series. Per Fleming by then the high school Peter Parker is already Spider-Man, since he’ll ”already have been bitten by the radioactive spider so we don’t have to see that all over again,” he added.

The four-part “Spider-Man” series will reportedly be a coming of age tale of how Peter Parker handles being a superhero. The reboot will reportedly have a tone reminiscent of a John Hughes humour and emotion, but mixed with all the superhero details needed for the film.

Spider-Man’s introduction into the Marvel Cinematic Universe involves a cameo appearance in the May 6, 2016 film, “Captain America: Civil War.” No details have been released yet regarding his role in the sequel. The web slinger will debut in the film before he stars in the July 28, 2017 “Spider-Man” reboot, which has reportedly been given the working title “Spider-Man: The New Avenger.”

The search for a young actor to play the high school Peter Parker is reportedly still ongoing. But Marvel and Sony may want to hasten the final selection. If Spider-Man is to make a cameo appearance in “Civil War,” then a young actor should have already been cast since per Screenrant, production on the "Captain America" sequel already started in April.  

Asa Butterfield and Tom Holland were previously reported as the last two final contenders for the role of Peter Parker in the “Spider-Man” reboot. Writer for birthmoviesdeath.com Devin Faraci shared the news on his Twitter page.

 

 

 

Asa Butterfield has been Marvel’s number one choice from the beginning, movie scoopster Umberto Gonzalez said on his Instagram post. Comicbookmovie likewise cited a source who claimed the 18-year old may have already been cast already since the studio has taken a special interest in him for the Spider-Man role “since day one.” However, it now remains uncertain if Butterfield will grab the part considering Tom Holland is said to be the next Peter Parker contender.

To report problems or leave feedback on this article, email: t.diente@IBTimes.com.au.

Join the Discussion