Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts have finally announced the release date of the upcoming “Titanfall 2” DLC called “A Glitch in the Frontier.” Players can expect the DLC to arrive on different platforms on April 25, 2017.
Aside from the release date, both developer and publisher have launched a brand new trailer that gives the players a glimpse of the next expansion. The trailer shows that the upcoming DLC will contain two maps, a new faction, another game mode and more.
The next DLC was inspired by Captain Lastimosa’s home planet, Harmony. It will include a second arena called Deck, which will be added for the title’s Live Fire game mode.
Meanwhile, the new faction included in “A Glitch in the Frontier” DLC is the MRVN. It might have some connection with the in-game MARVIN automated assistants. Furthermore, the mode first introduced in the initial installment of the game called “Marked for Death” will be added to the DLC as well.
‘Titanfall 2’ DLC: ‘Marked for Death’
“Marked for Death” is a mode that gives players specific marked targets. Killing the said targets will grant them points. The next update has also increased the level cap to 100. It will also give the ability to choose between Prime and Regular executions for Titans, a brand new Pulse Blade execution and the ability to include Live Fire modes to private matches.
The developer and publisher announced the details after Respawn Entertainment released a roadmap showing plans for the game in 2017. Players will have access to a new title a week after the “A Glitch in the Frontier” DLC. There will be more executions, paid add-ons and cosmetic upgrades. According to Electronic Arts, the full patch notes for the next “Titanfall 2” DLC include the following:
- A medium-sized map designed for objective modes and inspired by Captain Lastimosa’s home planet of Harmony. Vertical drops and long, twisting paths dominate the environment, perfect for chaining together long wall runs to seamlessly glide across the map.
Deck Live Fire Map
- Tight interior spaces, exposed courtyards, and watchful drones circling overhead. You may see a M.R.V.N. or two puttering around in the background.
- M.R.V.N. Faction
- Marked for Death game mode. We’ll be introducing this as a featured mode around the launch of Glitch in the Frontier update.
- Update to the Main Menu
- We spruced things up a bit with a new look and tiles for news and other cool stuff we want you to check out.
- Max Gen increase for Pilots
- You will now be able to Gen to 100.
- New Gen icons for your callsign. You will receive a new one for each 10 gens you achieve.
- Ability to choose between Prime and regular executions for Titans
- New execution: Get to the Point [Pulse Blade]
- Live Fire mode added to Private Match options