Salim Mehajer faces two charges in a 24-hour period

By on
Salim Mehajer in his "Dream" motivational video
Salim Mehajer in his "Dream" motivational video YouTube/True Dreams Media

Sydney businessman Salim Mehajer was charged for slamming a TV reporter in the door of a Porsche hours after he allegedly assaulted a taxi driver. He was previously charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm after he reportedly attacked a man outside The Star casino on Sunday. The two incidents took place in a 24-hour period.

Mehajer allegedly pulled shut the door of a white Porsche as a television reporter was trying to talk to him between the open door and the body of the car. He was then fleeing a bunch of reporters.

Earlier, the former Auburn deputy mayor was also charged with larceny after he supposedly attempted to snatch an EFTPOS machine and mobile phone from a Sydney taxi driver before assaulting him. The 38-year-old driver acquired injury in his nose.

Authorities have arrested Mehajer at the intersection of William and Bourke Street, Darlinghurst after they were called to The Star casino in Pyrmont on early Sunday morning. Police took the businessman to Day Street Police Station where he faced charges. Per Nine News, Mehajer received conditional bail and it slated to appear before Downing Centre Local Court on April 26.

On Sunday afternoon, Mehajer was set to leave Sydney City Police Station where a media pack came to wait for him. On the same day, police said they charged a 30-year-old man after he allegedly assaulted a 30-year-old television reporter in James Lane.

Mehajer is yet to give official statements regarding the allegations against him but has posted a clip on social media with a caption, "Appalling behaviour by the Senior Constable in charge of today's allegations.” "Sir, place a million cameras in front of me and all you'll see is my smile,” he added. A spokesperson for the New South Wales police said authorities will forensically examine the taxi driver's phone and EFTPOS machine "to determine any links" to the alleged assault.

Last year, Mehajer was suspended for four months after he reportedly failed to inform other councillors that he owned a building in Auburn. He was also accused, along with other Auburn councillors, of making planning and development decisions for personal gains. The Australian licensed builder was barred from managing corporations until November 2018, with the Administrative Appeals Tribunal upholding a ban by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission for his “cavalier approach.” According to the ruling, there was a “need for such a disqualification in the public interest as a means of protecting others from his incompetence.”

 

 

APPALLING behaviour by the SENIOR Constable in charge of todays "ALLEGATIONS".. ... "Sir, Place a million cameras in front of me and all you'll see is my  smile". .....

A post shared by Official ᴱᴺᵀᴿᴱᴾᴿᴱᴺᴱᵁᴿ (@salim.mehajer) on Apr 2, 2017 at 2:24am PDT

 

Video Source:Instagram/salim.mehajer